We haven’t really posted that much for the previous couple of months, have we? To be fair, we were quite busy with Chronotopia’s development.
We’ve made plenty of progress and are getting closer to the finish line but then we realized that we were lacking illustrations. And it’s especially important for such a long visual novel like ours to break away from the sprites/backgrounds monotony once in a while. That’s why we’ve decided to make a small supplementary Kickstarter campaign in order to fund a few extra illustrations and make the experience more pleasant overall! We also changed the game’s name to add clarity: it’s now called Chronotopia: Second Skin to better reflect Kionna’s adventures. Speaking of her, here’s a reminder of the story for those of you who didn’t follow.
Princess Kionna lives a peaceful existence in her castle, enjoying her days with her best friend and confidant, Nahima. That is until her father, gone mad since the death of his beloved, decides he should wed her instead. Kionna has to find a way to escape from this fate, but how? She doesn’t know it yet, but it’s the beginning of a long nightmare that will take her to the edge of madness…
Of course, we’ve also made the most of that time to improve the old demo and add a few features. Expect a revamped UI, new content, new illustrations, better effects and the apparition of the archives system which allows you to get a better insight on folklore and fairytales’ references!
What to expect of the new Chronotopia:
• A unique take on a forgotten fairytale with many twists
• Branching story with around 10 endings and 30 hours of playtime
• An optional archives system to learn more about folklore
• Two GxG (Nahima and the Fairy) and one GxB (the “Prince”) romances possible!
• Beautiful artwork, with animated backgrounds and special stained-glass illustrations
• A full original soundtrack with celtic influences
• Extensive use of RenPy 3D camera for a more dynamic presentation
• Several segments allowing you to freely explore the castle to discover its secrets
So, if you’ve missed the first campaign, now is the perfect time to fix that. Take a look at our updated demo here and if you like what you see, consider pledging a few bucks to our Kickstarter! And promised, after that, I’ll try to post more often here~