Based in Brest, France
PC / Mac / Linux
The young Donkeyskin lives a peaceful existence in her castle, enjoying her days with her best friend and confidant, Nahima. That is until her father, gone mad since the death of his beloved, decides he should wed the princess instead. Donkeyskin has to find a way to escape from this fate, but how? She doesn't know it yet, but it's the beginning of a long nightmare that will take her to the edge of madness...
Chronotopia is a dark rewriting of the fairytale Donkeyskin inspired by a wide range of influences including anime like Haibane Renmei and Madoka Magica and games like Steins;Gate and Child of Light. The story is a unique and more mature take on a forgotten fairytale that includes many twists and choices that affect the ending: Donkeyskin can either escape with her servant, become a fairy, or die a horrible death. Multiple times. It's up to you to save...or doom her.
- A unique take on a forgotten fairytale with many twists.
- Branching story where choices affect the endings.
- Beautiful artwork, with animated backgrounds and special stained-glass illustrations/
- Extensive use of RenPy 3D camera for a more dynamic presentation.
- Several segments allowing you to freely explore the castle to discover its secrets.
- A full original soundtrack with celtic influences.
Overview of 3D camera YouTube
Overview of the exploration system YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Träumendes Mädchen
Träumendes Mädchen is an indie development studio based in Brest, Brittany. Our goal is mainly to tell stories: We like them to be unusual, in all sort of genres, and we like to tell them in unusual ways. Despite the German name, we’re actually French.
More information on Träumendes Mädchen, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Writer, Programmer, Founder
Background Artist, Freelancer